This guy in Dubai charges 750 dirham per session. That’s a lot of money – roughly $202.38 U.S. dollars.
Conversations about what we pay for our food, exercise, relaxation are a regular part of the routine in our house. I drill into my youngest children (too late for the older ones) that they’re going to lose in life if they know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.
How much would you pay for training? 200, 300, 400 dollars per session? How about if money was no object? You’d probably want to know how good this guy was, right? How would you determine that? Hopefully not by the number of celebrities they had starved.
You might even be saying, with a lecherous chuckle, that, “he’d better do more than just train me for that kind of money!”
The best trainers also act as coaches. The best coaches are rebels against the indifference that infects so many segments of our society.
Why use a personal trainer at all? Well, you could…
- optimize your workout time
- ensure proper form
- get an accurate assessment of your state of fitness
- exercise safety through proper form and a balance between work and recovery
- learn that everyone benefits from having a good trainer; the top athletes have trainers because they know that “knowing what to do” is not good enough
- be held accountable
- have someone who will push you beyond your comfort zone while not pushing you beyond your physical limits
- get program personalization
- receive motivation
- have special concerns (nutrition, fat loss, post-injury rehab, etc.) addressed
- access to a community and support system
How much would you spend if you knew that you would look and feel sexier, that your kids couldn’t put you in a nursing home (my only fear in life), that you would be able to play with your children and grandchildren, that you would never have to buy another “fat dress,” that you would look better than everyone at your next college reunion, that you would never have to worry about “back fat”, that you had the strength to hike, run, or fight, that you wouldn’t have to worry about Type 2 diabetes? No, really. Tell me in the comments how much you would be willing to spend.
P.S. Bernadette needs a new dress. If you want to help out, order your supplements through Prograde Nutrition. We have an affiliate relationship with this company because we believe in the company and we use their products. Trust me, I’ve looked into a lot of supplements. Eat real food but get your insurance policy from Prograde.